Check out our top 100 interview questions and answers to prepare for your upcoming job interview!
Introduction Interview Questions
Common Interview Questions
- How did you hear about this position?
- Can you walk us through your resume?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why do you want to leave your current job?
- What is your weakness?
- What are your strengths?
- How do you handle stress?
- What motivates you?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Behavioral Interview Questions
- Can you tell me about a time you made a mistake?
- How well do you adapt to new situations?
- What would you do in your first 30/60/90 days in this position?
- Can you describe a time you went above and beyond at work?
- How do you stay focused while doing a simple repetitive task?
- Have you been on a team where someone is not pulling their weight?
- How do you deal with an unresponsive coworker?
- Can you tell me about a time when you solved a difficult problem?
- What would you do if you didn’t get on with someone in your team?
- What is your tolerance for ambiguity?
Situational Interview Questions
- Can you tell me about a goal you failed to achieve?
- Tell me about a time you took action to resolve a problem
- Can you tell me about a time your workload was very heavy?
- What were your responsibilities at your last job?
- Can you tell me about a time you had to learn something quickly?
- Tell me about a time you had to meet a tight deadline
- What is your greatest achievement?
- What is your ideal work environment?
- How many hours per week do you normally work?
- What is the last book you read?
- What did you dislike about your last job?
About You Interview Questions
- Can you describe yourself in three words?
- How would you describe your leadership style?
- What is your management style?
- How do you prefer to be managed?
- How do you motivate your team?
- How do you define success?
- How do you build client relationships?
- How do you handle criticism?
- How do you prioritize your work?
- What makes you stand out from others?
- Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume
- What three things are most important in your next job?
- How would your previous work colleagues or boss describe you?
- What would you change about yourself?
- If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
- Are you a team player?
- Can you work independently?
- Can you describe your work style?
- Do you ever take your work home with you?
- How do you want to improve yourself in the upcoming year?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Why did you choose your major?
- How do you stay organized?
- Don’t you think you are overqualified for this position?
Conflict Resolution Interview Questions
- Can you tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss?
- How do you deal with conflict in the workplace?
- Can you tell me about a time you had to give someone difficult feedback?
- Can you say ‘NO’ to a client with unreasonable requests?
- Tell me about a time you wished you’d handled a situation with a coworker differently?
- How would you deal with a difficult or angry customer?
- How would you fire someone?
Willingness Interview Questions
- Are you willing to travel?
- Are you willing to work overtime?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Are you willing to work nights, weekends and holidays?
Knowledge Interview Questions
- What is the name of our CEO?
- What do you know about our company?
- What did you do to prepare for this interview?
- What makes a great team?
Industry Interview Questions
- Why do you want to work in the public sector?
- Why do you want to work in the private sector?
- Why do you want to work for this non-profit organization? (NGO)
- Why do you want to work for a startup company?
Tricky Interview Questions
- Why is there a gap in your employment?
- Would you lie for the company?
- What other companies are you interviewing with?
- What do you really think about your previous boss?
- How long do you expect to work for this company?
- What is one negative thing your previous boss would say about you?
- Could you have done better in your previous job?
- Why have you changed jobs so often?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?
- Tell me one thing about yourself you wouldn’t want me to know.
- What kind of personality do you work best with and why?
- Sell me this pencil…
Salary Interview Questions
- What is your current salary?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What do you consider as a reasonable offer?
- Can you provide me with a wide salary range?
- How does an annual starting salary of $45,000 sound?